Monday, September 3, 2012
Welcome
Hello and welcome to my Full Sail Music History Blog. My name is Adrian and I am excited about sharing what we will be learning during this course this month. I am currently working on my Bachelors degree in Recording Art's here at Full Sail and I am enjoying the experience thoroughly. I have always had a voluminous interest in music and started playing guitar at the age of 14. During these early years I was heavily influenced by psychedelic rock such as Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, and Led Zepplin. I soon after turned my passion to heavy metal such as Metallic and then found my home in Alternative Rock with the likes of Stone Temple Pilots, Nirvana, Sound Garden, Pearl Jam etc. I pursued my interest in rock music for the next four years eventually forming a small band where we wrote and performed our own original music. At 16 I was introduced to Hip-Hop and again fell in love. At the age of 17 my cousin introduced me to Nine Inch Nails and the electronic dance sounds of Dee-Lite. I attended my first rave at this time and quickly realized I had found something that would never escape my interest. I began Djing House music at the age of 18 and fell in love with the music quickly. I started producing Electronic music and Hip-Hop around the age of 23 where my interests again broadened to the likes of Funk, Reggae, Disco aka Electro Funk and Down Tempo. Living in Hawaii at the time I began to spin Funk, Disco, Electro House and Breakbeats at a multitude of venues after parties and on the college radio station occasionally. Having arrived at Full Sail in 2010 my primary Djing and Production focus switched to Dubstep where I ran a weekly party in Downtown Orlando for the length of 2011 and 2012. As my skills advance and my technique and ear sharpen I have become increasingly interested in Post Production, Sound Design and Mastering for all types of music.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment